pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2016c. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2016c.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Update time zone data files to tzdata release 2016c.

DST law changes in Azerbaijan, Chile, Haiti, Palestine, and Russia (Altai,
Astrakhan, Kirov, Sakhalin, Ulyanovsk regions).  Historical corrections
for Lithuania, Moldova, Russia (Kaliningrad, Samara, Volgograd).

As of 2015b, the keepers of the IANA timezone database started to use
numeric time zone abbreviations (e.g., "+04") instead of inventing
abbreviations not found in the wild like "ASTT".  This causes our rather
old copy of zic to whine "warning: time zone abbreviation differs from
POSIX standard" several times during "make install".  This warning is
harmless according to the IANA folk, and I don't see any problems with
these abbreviations in some simple tests; but it seems like now would be
a good time to update our copy of the tzcode stuff.  I'll look into that
soon.

Branch
------
REL9_2_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/96fa3745912cfe7d6cb57fb7145755b11b84eab0

Modified Files
--------------
src/timezone/data/asia              |  28 ++-
src/timezone/data/australasia       |   8 +
src/timezone/data/europe            | 336 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
src/timezone/data/iso3166.tab       |   6 +-
src/timezone/data/leapseconds       |   5 +-
src/timezone/data/northamerica      |  17 +-
src/timezone/data/southamerica      |  27 ++-
src/timezone/data/zone.tab          | 289 ++++++++++++++++---------------
src/timezone/data/zone1970.tab      | 295 +++++++++++++++----------------
src/timezone/known_abbrevs.txt      |  13 +-
src/timezone/tznames/America.txt    |   2 +-
src/timezone/tznames/Antarctica.txt |   2 +-
src/timezone/tznames/Asia.txt       |   2 +-
src/timezone/tznames/Default        |   6 +-
src/timezone/tznames/Pacific.txt    |   2 +-