pgsql: Add isolationtester spec for old heapam.c bug - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject pgsql: Add isolationtester spec for old heapam.c bug
Date
List pgsql-committers
Add isolationtester spec for old heapam.c bug

In 0e5680f4737a, I fixed a bug in heapam that caused spurious deadlocks
when multiple updates concurrently attempted to modify the old version
of an updated tuple whose new version was key-share locked.  I proposed
an isolationtester spec file that reproduced the bug, but back then
isolationtester wasn't mature enough to be able to run it.  Now that
38f8bdcac498 is in the tree, we can have this spec file too.

Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20141212205254.GC1768%40alvh.no-ip.org

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c9578135f769072e2597b88402f256a398279c91

Modified Files
src/test/isolation/expected/tuplelock-update.out | 24 ++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/isolation/isolation_schedule            |  1 +
src/test/isolation/specs/tuplelock-update.spec   | 28 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
3 files changed, 53 insertions(+)