pgsql: Make plpython cope with funny characters in function names. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Make plpython cope with funny characters in function names.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Make plpython cope with funny characters in function names.

A function name that's double-quoted in SQL can contain almost any
characters, but we were using that name directly as part of the name
generated for the Python-level function, and Python doesn't like
anything that isn't pretty much a standard identifier.  To fix,
replace anything that isn't an ASCII letter or digit with an underscore
in the generated name.  This doesn't create any risk of duplicate Python
function names because we were already appending the function OID to
the generated name to ensure uniqueness.  Per bug #13960 from Jim Nasby.

Patch by Jim Nasby, modified a bit by me.  Back-patch to all
supported branches.

Branch
------
REL9_1_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/875973f5d756a56ea3589c059fc83664e2bb010e

Modified Files
src/pl/plpython/expected/plpython_test.out |  8 ++++----
src/pl/plpython/plpython.c                 | 10 ++++++++++
src/pl/plpython/sql/plpython_test.sql      |  6 +++---