pgsql: Suppress compiler warnings about useless comparison of unsigned - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Suppress compiler warnings about useless comparison of unsigned
Date
List pgsql-committers
Suppress compiler warnings about useless comparison of unsigned to zero.

Reportedly, some compilers warn about tests like "c < 0" if c is unsigned,
and hence complain about the character range checks I added in commit
3bb3f42f3749d40b8d4de65871e8d828b18d4a45.  This is a bit of a pain since
the regex library doesn't really want to assume that chr is unsigned.
However, since any such reconfiguration would involve manual edits of
regcustom.h anyway, we can put it on the shoulders of whoever wants to
do that to adjust this new range-checking macro correctly.

Per gripes from Coverity and Andres.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/8c95ae81fab11b75a611b57d6aaa0ef77e8b8e41

Modified Files
src/backend/regex/regc_lex.c  |  6 +++---
src/include/regex/regcustom.h | 11 +++++++++++