pgsql: Fix pg_upgrade's multixact handling (again) - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject pgsql: Fix pg_upgrade's multixact handling (again)
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix pg_upgrade's multixact handling (again)

We need to create the pg_multixact/offsets file deleted by pg_upgrade
much earlier than we originally were: it was in TrimMultiXact(), which
runs after we exit recovery, but it actually needs to run earlier than
the first call to SetMultiXactIdLimit (before recovery), because that
routine already wants to read the first offset segment.

Per pg_upgrade trouble report from Jeff Janes.

While at it, silence a compiler warning about a pointless assert that an
unsigned variable was being tested non-negative.  This was a signed
constant in Thomas Munro's patch which I changed to unsigned before
commit.  Pointed out by Andres Freund.

Branch
------
master