pgsql: Add comments warning against generalizing default_with_oids. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Add comments warning against generalizing default_with_oids.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Add comments warning against generalizing default_with_oids.

pg_dump has historically assumed that default_with_oids affects only plain
tables and not other relkinds.  Conceivably we could make it apply to some
newly invented relkind if we did so from the get-go, but changing the
behavior for existing object types will break existing dump scripts.
Add code comments warning about this interaction.

Also, make sure that default_with_oids doesn't cause parse_utilcmd.c to
think that CREATE FOREIGN TABLE will create an OID column.  I think this is
only a latent bug right now, since we don't allow UNIQUE/PKEY constraints
in CREATE FOREIGN TABLE, but it's better to be consistent and future-proof.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0bd11d9711b88e72d2022e25b9227c480aca4978

Modified Files
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c   |    8 ++++++++
src/backend/parser/parse_utilcmd.c |   13 ++++++++++++-