pgsql: Prevent improper reordering of antijoins vs. outer joins. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Prevent improper reordering of antijoins vs. outer joins.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Prevent improper reordering of antijoins vs. outer joins.

An outer join appearing within the RHS of an antijoin can't commute with
the antijoin, but somehow I missed teaching make_outerjoininfo() about
that.  In Teodor Sigaev's recent trouble report, this manifests as a
"could not find RelOptInfo for given relids" error within eqjoinsel();
but I think silently wrong query results are possible too, if the planner
misorders the joins and doesn't happen to trigger any internal consistency
checks.  It's broken as far back as we had antijoins, so back-patch to all
supported branches.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/3cf8686014f91174018f20e01dbb0dafdcad0473

Modified Files
src/backend/optimizer/plan/initsplan.c |    7 +++---
src/test/regress/expected/join.out     |   42 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/join.sql          |   17 +++++++++++++