pgsql: Add 'active_in' column to pg_replication_slots. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject pgsql: Add 'active_in' column to pg_replication_slots.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Add 'active_in' column to pg_replication_slots.

Right now it is visible whether a replication slot is active in any
session, but not in which.  Adding the active_in column, containing the
pid of the backend having acquired the slot, makes it much easier to
associate pg_replication_slots entries with the corresponding
pg_stat_replication/pg_stat_activity row.

This should have been done from the start, but I (Andres) dropped the
ball there somehow.

Author: Craig Ringer, revised by me Discussion:
CAMsr+YFKgZca5_7_ouaMWxA5PneJC9LNViPzpDHusaPhU9pA7g@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d811c037cea2e929ee5823aab6e1bca0df8be245

Modified Files
--------------
contrib/test_decoding/expected/ddl.out |    4 ++--
doc/src/sgml/catalogs.sgml             |   10 ++++++++++
doc/src/sgml/logicaldecoding.sgml      |    8 ++++----
src/backend/catalog/system_views.sql   |    1 +
src/backend/replication/slot.c         |   30 ++++++++++++++++--------------
src/backend/replication/slotfuncs.c    |   13 +++++++++----
src/include/catalog/pg_proc.h          |    2 +-
src/include/replication/slot.h         |    4 ++--
src/test/regress/expected/rules.out    |    3 ++-