pgsql: Change the way we decide whether to give up on abbreviated text - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject pgsql: Change the way we decide whether to give up on abbreviated text
Date
List pgsql-committers
Change the way we decide whether to give up on abbreviated text keys.

Be more aggressive about aborting early on if it looks like it's not
helping, but be less aggressive about aborting later on, since it's
more expensive at that point, and also since we're currently aborting
in some cases where abbreviation can still deliver a substantial win.

Peter Geoghegan. Extensive testing by Tomas Vondra.

Branch
------
master

Details