pgsql: Fix CreatePolicy, pg_dump -v; psql and doc updates - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Stephen Frost
Subject pgsql: Fix CreatePolicy, pg_dump -v; psql and doc updates
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix CreatePolicy, pg_dump -v; psql and doc updates

Peter G pointed out that valgrind was, rightfully, complaining about
CreatePolicy() ending up copying beyond the end of the parsed policy
name.  Name is a fixed-size type and we need to use namein (through
DirectFunctionCall1()) to flush out the entire array before we pass
it down to heap_form_tuple.

Michael Paquier pointed out that pg_dump --verbose was missing a
newline and Fabrízio de Royes Mello further pointed out that the
schema was also missing from the messages, so fix those also.

Also, based on an off-list comment from Kevin, rework the psql \d
output to facilitate copy/pasting into a new CREATE or ALTER POLICY
command.

Lastly, improve the pg_policies view and update the documentation for
it, along with a few other minor doc corrections based on an off-list
discussion with Adam Brightwell.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/78d72563ef141ddc507ddd5ae77db613a309041a

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/catalogs.sgml           |   91 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
src/backend/catalog/system_views.sql |   10 ++--
src/backend/commands/policy.c        |    2 +-
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c            |    6 ++-
src/bin/psql/describe.c              |   28 ++++++-----
src/test/regress/expected/rules.out  |   12 ++---