pgsql: Avoid wholesale autovacuuming when autovacuum is nominally off. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Avoid wholesale autovacuuming when autovacuum is nominally off.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Avoid wholesale autovacuuming when autovacuum is nominally off.

When autovacuum is nominally off, we will still launch autovac workers
to vacuum tables that are at risk of XID wraparound.  But after we'd done
that, an autovac worker would proceed to autovacuum every table in the
targeted database, if they meet the usual thresholds for autovacuuming.
This is at best pretty unexpected; at worst it delays response to the
wraparound threat.  Fix it so that if autovacuum is nominally off, we
*only* do forced vacuums and not any other work.

Per gripe from Andrey Zhidenkov.  This has been like this all along,
so back-patch to all supported branches.

Branch
------
REL9_2_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c83aed34bea79a084b802e15fefebe127d2d31d5

Modified Files
src/backend/postmaster/autovacuum.c |   11 +++++++++--