pgsql: Improve shm_mq portability around MAXIMUM_ALIGNOF and sizeof(Siz - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject pgsql: Improve shm_mq portability around MAXIMUM_ALIGNOF and sizeof(Siz
Date
List pgsql-committers
Improve shm_mq portability around MAXIMUM_ALIGNOF and sizeof(Size).

Revise the original decision to expose a uint64-based interface and
use Size everywhere possible.  Avoid assuming that MAXIMUM_ALIGNOF is
8, or making any assumption about the relationship between that value
and sizeof(Size).  If MAXIMUM_ALIGNOF is bigger, we'll now insert
padding after the length word; if it's smaller, we are now prepared
to read and write the length word in chunks.

Per discussion with Tom Lane.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/3bd261ca18c67eafe18088e58fab511e3b965418

Modified Files
src/backend/storage/ipc/shm_mq.c |  251 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
src/include/storage/shm_mq.h     |    4 +-