pgsql: Fix lastReplayedEndRecPtr calculation when starting from shutdow - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject pgsql: Fix lastReplayedEndRecPtr calculation when starting from shutdow
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix lastReplayedEndRecPtr calculation when starting from shutdown checkpoint.

When entering crash recovery followed by archive recovery, and the latest
checkpoint is a shutdown checkpoint, and there are no more WAL records to
replay before transitioning from crash to archive recovery, we would not
immediately allow read-only connections in hot standby mode even if we
could. That's because when starting from a shutdown checkpoint, we set
lastReplayedEndRecPtr incorrectly to the record before the checkpoint
record, instead of the checkpoint record itself. We don't run the redo
routine of the shutdown checkpoint record, but starting recovery from it
goes through the same motions, so it should be considered as replayed.

Reported by Kyotaro HORIGUCHI. All versions with hot standby are affected,
so backpatch to 9.0.

Branch
------
REL9_2_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/931dc26b0d2ba9b2d174119b7ff277b977d03619

Modified Files
src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c |   10 +++++++---