pgsql: Tweak placement of explicit ANALYZE commands in the regression t - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Tweak placement of explicit ANALYZE commands in the regression t
Date
List pgsql-committers
Tweak placement of explicit ANALYZE commands in the regression tests.

Make the COPY test, which loads most of the large static tables used in
the tests, also explicitly ANALYZE those tables.  This allows us to get
rid of various ad-hoc, and rather redundant, ANALYZE commands that had
gotten stuck into various test scripts over time to ensure we got
consistent plan choices.  (We could have done a database-wide ANALYZE,
but that would cause stats to get attached to the small static tables
too, which results in plan changes compared to the historical behavior.
I'm not sure that's a good idea, so not going that far for now.)

Back-patch to 9.0, since 9.0 and 9.1 are currently sometimes failing
regression tests for lack of an "ANALYZE tenk1" in the subselect test.
There's no need for this in 8.4 since we didn't print any plans back
then.

Branch
------
REL9_1_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/52c342dd0241f18c16975da309585cfbc69e36d3

Modified Files
src/test/regress/expected/aggregates.out  |    1 -
src/test/regress/expected/alter_table.out |    1 -
src/test/regress/expected/join.out        |    1 -
src/test/regress/input/copy.source        |   25 +++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/output/copy.source       |   23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
src/test/regress/sql/aggregates.sql       |    1 -
src/test/regress/sql/alter_table.sql      |    1 -
src/test/regress/sql/join.sql             |    2 --