pgsql: Add a new reloption, user_catalog_table. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject pgsql: Add a new reloption, user_catalog_table.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Add a new reloption, user_catalog_table.

When this reloption is set and wal_level=logical is configured,
we'll record the CIDs stamped by inserts, updates, and deletes to
the table just as we would for an actual catalog table.  This will
allow logical decoding to use historical MVCC snapshots to access
such tables just as they access ordinary catalog tables.

Replication solutions built around the logical decoding machinery
will likely need to set this operation for their configuration
tables; it might also be needed by extensions which perform table
access in their output functions.

Andres Freund, reviewed by myself and others.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/66abc2608c7c00fcd449e00a9e23f13f02e65d04

Modified Files
src/backend/access/common/reloptions.c |   10 ++++++++++
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c       |    6 ++++++
src/include/utils/rel.h                |   16 ++++++++++++++--