BUG #8654: pg_dumpall doesnt reliably replicate source database - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From craig.miles0712@gmail.com
Subject BUG #8654: pg_dumpall doesnt reliably replicate source database
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8654
Logged by:          Craig Miles
Email address:      craig.miles0712@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.4
Operating system:   Ubuntu Precise

I used pg_dumpall (PG 9.3.1 version) to export from a 9.2.4 source database
cluster to a 9.3.1 target and found the following differences:

- Cluster username (under Maintenance database) is different.
- Template0 not exported resulting in differences in pg_database: encoding,
datcollate, datctype, datallowconn and datacl
- Template0 not even visible in the target server under PGAdmin for some
reason (I thought it was missing until I checked pg_database)
- All databases on target have default schema of "public" but don't on
source
- Maybe others ??

I would have thought that a high-level of confidence in the integrity of the
backup/restore process was paramount but I am left wondering what else may
be different?

Keep up the excellent work...

Craig