BUG #8581: PG::UndefinedObject: ERROR: type "json" does not exist - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From peeyush.singla@gmail.com
Subject BUG #8581: PG::UndefinedObject: ERROR: type "json" does not exist
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8581
Logged by:          peeyush singla
Email address:      peeyush.singla@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.1
Operating system:   ubuntu 13.10

I am using pg with rails application my version of pg is 9.3.1 i cloned this
project from someone but whenever I am trying to run rake db:migrate it is
giving me the error:- PG::UndefinedObject: ERROR:  type "json" does not
exist
I am using json in one column in migration:- e.g:-  add_column :filters,
:search_string, :json same application is working fine on 9.2.4 on mac but
when I am trying to do this on my system it's not working. I think here is
some issue wiht 9.3.1 with json support