pgsql: Allow only some columns of a view to be auto-updateable. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Robert Haas
Subject pgsql: Allow only some columns of a view to be auto-updateable.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Allow only some columns of a view to be auto-updateable.

Previously, unless all columns were auto-updateable, we wouldn't
inserts, updates, or deletes, or at least not without a rule or trigger;
now, we'll allow inserts and updates that target only the auto-updateable
columns, and deletes even if there are no auto-updateable columns at
all provided the view definition is otherwise suitable.

Dean Rasheed, reviewed by Marko Tiikkaja

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/cab5dc5daf2f6f5da0ce79deb399633b4bb443b5

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/ref/create_view.sgml             |   39 ++-
src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c              |    3 +-
src/backend/commands/view.c                   |    2 +-
src/backend/rewrite/rewriteHandler.c          |  406 ++++++++++++++++++-------
src/backend/utils/adt/misc.c                  |   13 +-
src/include/rewrite/rewriteHandler.h          |    8 +-
src/test/regress/expected/updatable_views.out |  298 +++++++++++++++---
src/test/regress/sql/updatable_views.sql      |  110 ++++++-