BUG #8465: major dump/reload problem - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From jan.mate@inf-it.com
Subject BUG #8465: major dump/reload problem
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8465
Logged by:          Jan Mate
Email address:      jan.mate@inf-it.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.0
Operating system:   all

Hi PostgreSQL team,

today I tried to upgrade from 9.2 to 9.3 (pg_upgradecluster 9.2 main) and
the upgrade of one of my databases failed with the following error: "ERROR:
new row for relation ... violates check constraint ...".

I created an example to reproduce this bug:

http://www.inf-it.com/fixes/postgres-bugreport2/schema.sql

steps to reproduce it (tested with version 9.3):

createdb test && psql test < schema.sql
pg_dump test > dump.sql

dropdb test && createdb test && psql test < dump.sql