pgsql: Fix cache flush hazard in cache_record_field_properties(). - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix cache flush hazard in cache_record_field_properties().
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix cache flush hazard in cache_record_field_properties().

We need to increment the refcount on the composite type's cached tuple
descriptor while we do lookups of its column types.  Otherwise a cache
flush could occur and release the tuple descriptor before we're done with
it.  This fails reliably with -DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS, but the odds of a
failure in a production build seem rather low (since the pfree'd descriptor
typically wouldn't get scribbled on immediately).  That may explain the
lack of any previous reports.  Buildfarm issue noted by Christian Ullrich.

Back-patch to 9.1 where the bogus code was added.

Branch
------
REL9_2_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/fd59974f2da79bee0599673358729e30d0f72359

Modified Files
src/backend/utils/cache/typcache.c |    5 +++++
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)