pgsql: Provide better message when CREATE EXTENSION can't find a target - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Provide better message when CREATE EXTENSION can't find a target
Date
List pgsql-committers
Provide better message when CREATE EXTENSION can't find a target schema.

The new message (and SQLSTATE) matches the corresponding error cases in
namespace.c.

This was thought to be a "can't happen" case when extension.c was written,
so we didn't think hard about how to report it.  But it definitely can
happen in 9.2 and later, since we no longer require search_path to contain
any valid schema names.  It's probably also possible in 9.1 if search_path
came from a noninteractive source.  So, back-patch to all releases
containing this code.

Per report from Sean Chittenden, though this isn't exactly his patch.

Branch
------
REL9_2_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/2ff74efa40adac394f11070af8d2ee8c79ba96c0

Modified Files
src/backend/commands/extension.c |   10 +++++++---