pgsql: Fix memory leak in LogStandbySnapshot(). - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix memory leak in LogStandbySnapshot().
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix memory leak in LogStandbySnapshot().

The array allocated by GetRunningTransactionLocks() needs to be pfree'd
when we're done with it.  Otherwise we leak some memory during each
checkpoint, if wal_level = hot_standby.  This manifests as memory bloat
in the checkpointer process, or in bgwriter in versions before we made
the checkpointer separate.

Reported and fixed by Naoya Anzai.  Back-patch to 9.0 where the issue
was introduced.

In passing, improve comments for GetRunningTransactionLocks(), and add
an Assert that we didn't overrun the palloc'd array.

Branch
------
REL9_0_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c28bfb35ef6ce9e9d82da00008554d0fc9c4a7fc

Modified Files
src/backend/storage/ipc/standby.c |    7 +------
src/backend/storage/lmgr/lock.c   |   16 +++++++++++++---