BUG #8195: Postgre SQL Database displayed as log in even after running a hide command on terminal - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From warren_brodie@hotmail.com
Subject BUG #8195: Postgre SQL Database displayed as log in even after running a hide command on terminal
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8195
Logged by:          Warren Brodie
Email address:      warren_brodie@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.0
Operating system:   OS X 10.8.3

Hi there,

I am using a piece of software called poker tracker that uses a Postgre SQL
database. Up until now I have support dealings with them but they are unable
to resolve the issue and have put me onto yourselves I will include all
correspondence with them so you can see the steps I have taken:

Hi Warren -

Something like that would be run from a "terminal" application so do this:

1. In PokerTracker4 click "File -> Backup", put check marks in everything on
the left and remove all those you can from the middle. This is to backup
your database(s) first just in case something goes wrong later.

Save the backup file someplace safe.

2. Open "Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal"

3. Copy/paste this into the new terminal window:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow
HiddenUsersList -array-add PostgreSQL

Press the 'enter' key on the keyboard after copying/pasting that. You may be
prompted for your Mac "administrator" password so you'll need to know that.

4. Afterward reboot, see if the PostgreSQL user was hidden on the login
screen then start PokerTracker4 to make sure it doesn't say something like
"unable to connect...".

Mike

-------

Hi Mike,
I have done exactly as you have said but the log in is still there.
Last login: Thu May 30 00:09:35 on console
(null):~ WarrenBrodie$ sudo defaults write
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow HiddenUsersList -array-add
PostgreSQL
Password:
(null):~ WarrenBrodie$ =

Thats what comes up when I enter my password in the terminal and then when I
restart it is still there.

Regards,

Warren Brodie

----------

Hi Warren - =

I talked to our Mac expert and he says to do this:

1. Open the terminal again if needed;

2. Copy/paste this (and press the 'enter' key): =

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow
HiddenUsersList -array-add postgres

After that reboot to confirm PokerTracker4 still works and that the
PostgreSQL account no longer shows.

Let me know what happens.

Mike

And the problem has still not solved I can send screenshots through so you
have a better understanding of the problem if you wish.

Regards,

Warren Brodie