BUG #8174: Ownership reassigned public schema restored with postgres as owner - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From polobo@yahoo.com
Subject BUG #8174: Ownership reassigned public schema restored with postgres as owner
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8174
Logged by:          David Johnston
Email address:      polobo@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.13
Operating system:   Ubuntu Linux 10.04

Having performed a "pg_dump --schema_only --format=3Dc" of a database I used
"pg_restore -C" (after dumping and loading globals) to recreate the database
on a new machine and the owner of the "public" schema on the new machine was
"postgres" while the owner within the existing database is not.  There are
numerous other schemas in the database for which the owner is the "not
postgres" user and all of those schemas have the proper ownership assigned -
it is just the public schema that is at issue.  The database itself is
(correctly) created with ownership assigned to this other role as well.

I would expect that the public schema owner would match that in the source
database but maybe I am missing something.

David J.