pgsql: Calculate # of semaphores correctly with --disable-spinlocks. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject pgsql: Calculate # of semaphores correctly with --disable-spinlocks.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Calculate # of semaphores correctly with --disable-spinlocks.

The old formula didn't take into account that each WAL sender process needs
a spinlock. We had also already exceeded the fixed number of spinlocks
reserved for misc purposes (10). Bump that to 30.

Backpatch to 9.0, where WAL senders were introduced. If I counted correctly,
9.0 had exactly 10 predefined spinlocks, and 9.1 exceeded that, but bump the
limit in 9.0 too because 10 is uncomfortably close to the edge.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b8ed4cc9627de437e5eafdb81631a0d0f063abb3

Modified Files
src/backend/storage/lmgr/spin.c |   14 +++++++++++---