pgsql: Switch timelines if we crash soon after promotion. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Simon Riggs
Subject pgsql: Switch timelines if we crash soon after promotion.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Switch timelines if we crash soon after promotion.
Previous patch to skip checkpoints at end of recovery didn't
correctly perform crash recovery, fumbling the timeline switch.
Now we record the minRecoveryPointTLI of the newly selected
timeline, so that we crash recover to the correct timeline.

Bug report from Fujii Masao, investigated by me.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/3f0ab052330905f1ad2183684e75e6a2cbfa0c76

Modified Files
src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c |   38 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-