pgsql: DROP OWNED: don't try to drop tablespaces/databases - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject pgsql: DROP OWNED: don't try to drop tablespaces/databases
Date
List pgsql-committers
DROP OWNED: don't try to drop tablespaces/databases

My "fix" for bugs #7578 and #6116 on DROP OWNED at fe3b5eb08a1 not only
misstated that it applied to REASSIGN OWNED (which it did not affect),
but it also failed to fix the problems fully, because I didn't test the
case of owned shared objects.  Thus I created a new bug, reported by
Thomas Kellerer as #7748, which would cause DROP OWNED to fail with a
not-for-user-consumption error message.  The code would attempt to drop
the database, which not only fails to work because the underlying code
does not support that, but is a pretty dangerous and undesirable thing
to be doing as well.

This patch fixes that bug by having DROP OWNED only attempt to process
shared objects when grants on them are found, ignoring ownership.

Backpatch to 8.3, which is as far as the previous bug was backpatched.

Branch
------
REL8_4_STABLE

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/fe738d77f136a230d1d11310a4290e31a9fafb5c

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/ref/drop_owned.sgml  |    9 +++++++--
src/backend/catalog/pg_shdepend.c |   13 ++++++++-----