BUG #7793: tsearch_data thesaurus size limit - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From davios@gmail.com
Subject BUG #7793: tsearch_data thesaurus size limit
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      7793
Logged by:          David Boutin
Email address:      davios@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.7
Operating system:   Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64bits

Hi all,

I like working with thesaurus files with specific text search configuration
to ease search with synonyms.
Today I tried to create a thesaurus of artist names (using musicbrainz
database) including their synonyms/aliases.

This thesaurus file is about 1M lines.

And I realized it is impossible to use it with FTS, I got unexpected error
with "plainto_tsquery" and even segmentation fault for some names according
to postgresql log file.
I then tried to reduce the size of this file several times to arrive to a
final file of 65535 lines which works fine whereas a 65536 lines file crash
my queries.

Is there any way to increase this thesaurus size limit?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Kind regards
David