pgsql: Set procost to 10 for each of the pg_foo_is_visible() functions. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Set procost to 10 for each of the pg_foo_is_visible() functions.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Set procost to 10 for each of the pg_foo_is_visible() functions.

The idea here is to make sure the planner will evaluate these functions
last not first among the filter conditions in psql pattern search and
tab-completion queries.  We've discussed this several times, and there
was consensus to do it back in August, but we didn't want to do it just
before a release.  Now seems like a safer time.

No catversion bump, since this catalog change doesn't create a backend
incompatibility nor any regression test result changes.

Branch
------
master

Details