pgsql: Fix lo_read, lo_write, lo_truncate to cope with "size_t" length - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix lo_read, lo_write, lo_truncate to cope with "size_t" length
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix lo_read, lo_write, lo_truncate to cope with "size_t" length parameters.

libpq defines these functions as accepting "size_t" lengths ... but the
underlying backend functions expect signed int32 length parameters, and so
will misinterpret any value exceeding INT_MAX.  Fix the libpq side to throw
error rather than possibly doing something unexpected.

This is a bug of long standing, but I doubt it's worth back-patching.  The
problem is really pretty academic anyway with lo_read/lo_write, since any
caller expecting sane behavior would have to have provided a multi-gigabyte
buffer.  It's slightly more pressing with lo_truncate, but still we haven't
supported large objects over 2GB until now.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0e924c007dbb74f8f7dbdb75810c9b9a8ed6d3ec

Modified Files
src/interfaces/libpq/fe-lobj.c |   50 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---