pgsql: Fix pg_restore to accept POSIX-conformant tar files. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix pg_restore to accept POSIX-conformant tar files.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix pg_restore to accept POSIX-conformant tar files.

Back-patch portions of commit 05b555d12bc2ad0d581f48a12b45174db41dc10d.
We need to patch pg_restore to accept either version of the magic string,
in hopes of avoiding compatibility problems when 9.3 comes out.  I also
fixed pg_dump to write the correct 2-block EOF marker, since that won't
create a compatibility problem with pg_restore and it could help with some
versions of tar.

Brian Weaver and Tom Lane

Branch
------