BUG #6756: primary_conninfo is ignored if restore_command is set.. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From ghazel@gmail.com
Subject BUG #6756: primary_conninfo is ignored if restore_command is set..
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6756
Logged by:          Greg Hazel
Email address:      ghazel@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.4
Operating system:   Amazon Linux

Trying to get a slave to stream updates from a master, I had both:

restore_command =3D 'pg_standby /data/pgsql9/archive %f %p %r 2>>standby.lo=
g'

and:

primary_conninfo =3D 'host=3D10.x.y.z port=3D5432 user=3Dpostgres'=20

This configuration never streamed from the master, even after restarts,
waiting hours, etc. After all that, I removed restore_command and restarted,
and the slave started streaming immediately.

This seems to contradict many guides and the documentation I've found.