BUG #6666: pg_upgrade 9.2beta1 plpython/plpython2 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From adrian.klaver@gmail.com
Subject BUG #6666: pg_upgrade 9.2beta1 plpython/plpython2
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      6666
Logged by:          Adrian Klaver
Email address:      adrian.klaver@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.7
Operating system:   Linux/OpenSuse 12.1

I thought this was fixed in:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=3Dpostgresql.git;a=3Dcommit;h=3Dcfe443a=
b9d42b4ffe950608f01c3a4bdc2895c7b

I just tried an upgrade from 9.0.7 to 9.2beta1 using pg_upgrade. I ran it
first with -c and everything passed. When I did a live upgrade it failed
with this message in pg_upgrade_restore.log:

CREATE FUNCTION plpython_call_handler() RETURNS language_handler
    LANGUAGE c
    AS '$libdir/plpython', 'plpython_call_handler';
psql:pg_upgrade_dump_db.sql:13541: ERROR:  could not access file
"$libdir/plpython": No such file or directory

That is indeed true, there is no plpython, there is plpython2 instead. I
created a symlink plpython --> plpython2 and the upgraded succeeded after a
re-initdb of the new cluster.=20