pgsql: Start Hot Standby faster when initial snapshot is incomplete. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Simon Riggs
Subject pgsql: Start Hot Standby faster when initial snapshot is incomplete.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Start Hot Standby faster when initial snapshot is incomplete.
If the initial snapshot had overflowed then we can start whenever
the latest snapshot is empty, not overflowed or as we did already,
start when the xmin on primary was higher than xmax of our starting
snapshot, which proves we have full snapshot data.

Bug report by Chris Redekop

Branch
------
REL9_0_STABLE