pgsql: Fix canAcceptConnections() bugs introduced by replication-relate - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject pgsql: Fix canAcceptConnections() bugs introduced by replication-relate
Date
List pgsql-committers
Fix canAcceptConnections() bugs introduced by replication-related patches.

We must not return any "okay to proceed" result code without having checked
for too many children, else we might fail later on when trying to add the
new child to one of the per-child state arrays.  It's not clear whether
this oversight explains Stefan Kaltenbrunner's recent report, but it could
certainly produce a similar symptom.

Back-patch to 8.4; the logic was not broken before that.

Branch
------
master

Details