... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Илья Конюхов
Subject ...
Date
List pgsql-sql
> For example, consider the queres:
>
> SELECT * FROM table1 WHERE field1=1 AND field2=1;
>
> SELECT * FROM table1 WHERE field2=1 AND field1=1;
>

> These two queries are logically equivalent. But in all cases the planner generates a query plan that performs
field1=1condition, and then field2=1 condition, as there is a index on field1.

> Is it possible to instruct the PostgreSQL query planner to perform field2=1 condition first, and then field1=1
condition?

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

EXPLAIN [ ANALYZE ] [ VERBOSE ] statement
This command displays the execution plan that the PostgreSQL planner generates for the supplied statement.

This command displays plan ONLY! But I want to instruct the PostgreSQL query planner to perform field2=1 condition
first,and then field1=1 condition.