Standard Solutions with Perl DBI::Pg for results tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mr Mat psql-mail
Subject Standard Solutions with Perl DBI::Pg for results tables
Date
List pgsql-general
I have users doing searches via a web front end.

No authentication is required.

I would like the result of the last search of each user to be stored in
a temporary table to allow for re-ordering, searching within results,
and stepping through results 10 (n) at a time using offset and limit.

Currently I am preforming the search again for each of these - pretty
annoying when it might take 10 minutes to return the results to begin
with!

Is there a standard way of doing this?
I'd thought perhaps session id's and cookies?

Can i specify a lifespan for a temporary table?

Thanks!

Matt