Re: redhat 7.1 upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Welty
Subject Re: redhat 7.1 upgrade
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:00:30 -0500 Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> wrote:
> While you really need to upgrade to at least Red Hat 7.3 (7.1 is totally
> unsupported from a Red Hat standpoint), you can rebuild from the source
> RPM
> fairly easily with 'rpmbuild --rebuild postgresql-7.3.2-1PGDG.src.rpm'

> You will need to do this as root, unless you want to go through the
> mechanics
> of setting up a normal user RPM build environment.

> Once done, the binary rpm's will be in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386

> If you have errors, let me know (via this list or the pgsql-ports lists
> --
> which is the preferred list, by the way).

thanks, that was almost good advice (and probably the best i was going to
get.)

i'm replying here because i'm not on psql-ports.

the only hitch was that libpq updates from libpq.so.2 to libpq.so.3, and
lots of stuff broke on that. i'm still tracking it all down, but perl's
DBD::Pg and my exim MTA w/postgresql support both went (i'm rebuilding exim
right now, and won't be receiving any list mail until i finish reinstalling
it.)

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net