Re: redhat 7.1 upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: redhat 7.1 upgrade
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sunday 30 March 2003 19:51, Richard Welty wrote:
> it's the twisty maze of passages due to rpm dependencies. i'm wondering if
> anyone has upgraded from postgresql 7.1 to 7.2 or 7.3 on a redhat 7.1
> system and can address the rpm dependencies (or else will recommend just
> building from source.)

While you really need to upgrade to at least Red Hat 7.3 (7.1 is totally
unsupported from a Red Hat standpoint), you can rebuild from the source RPM
fairly easily with 'rpmbuild --rebuild postgresql-7.3.2-1PGDG.src.rpm'

You will need to do this as root, unless you want to go through the mechanics
of setting up a normal user RPM build environment.

Once done, the binary rpm's will be in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386

If you have errors, let me know (via this list or the pgsql-ports lists --
which is the preferred list, by the way).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio