Re: Multiple open ResultSets not allowed? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Richard Welty
Subject Re: Multiple open ResultSets not allowed?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:02:04 -0800 Jeff Kolesky <jeff@edusoft.com> wrote:

> To back up my suspicions, I looked up the JDBC spec
> (http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/download.html#corespec30).  On
> page 93 under the heading "13.1.1 Creating Statements" it clearly
> states
>
>      Each Connection object can create multiple Statement objects that
> may be
>      used concurrently by the program.
>
> If multiple Statement objects can be created, why would you not be
> able to execute multiple queries and therefore access multiple
> ResultSets?

i have an application in development (getting near deployment, actually)
that does exactly this, and multiple result sets are working perfectly
well. jdk 1.4.1_01, postgresql 7.2.3-5 (redhat rpm), current appropriate
jdbc driver.

i've had other issues with jdbc, but multiple result sets have been
completely trouble free.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net