Re: Why does this not work? (keyword 'TEXT') - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johann Zuschlag
Subject Re: Why does this not work? (keyword 'TEXT')
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:53:16 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

>> all-test=# create table text (textid varchar(10));
>> ERROR:  type named text already exists
>
>Every table has an associated datatype of the same name (to wit,
>its row type).  So there's a naming conflict when the system tries
>to create the row type for your table.

Hi Tom,

but that won't help me if I have to port an app. from MS-SQL
to PostgreSQL. I can't change the app.
Ok, I can patch the ODBC-driver, but there should be
a smarter solution in future.

And what do you thing about that one:

DEBUG:  query: declare SQL_CUR01F61ED0 cursor for SELECT t29.* FROM STUECKLI  t29 WHERE t29.artikelnum = '010001' AND
t29.artIS NULL
ORDER BY t29.artikelnum ASC, t29.art ASC, t29.Position ASC, t29.stueckarti ASC, t29.stckid ASC
ERROR:  No such attribute or function 'position'

position is not anymore a keyword, IIRC.
Usually I just patch the ODBC-driver and it works for me.

regards

Johann Zuschlag
zuschlag@online.de