Re: Re: Comparing fixed precision to floating (no anwer) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johann Zuschlag
Subject Re: Re: Comparing fixed precision to floating (no anwer)
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Mike

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:08:39 -0600, Mike Finn wrote:

>Your routine is not working becase you have no body in your function.

Well done! It now works. I didn't need to drop the operator, since
there was nothing to drop. :-)

>The HACK below does work.  I say HACK because
>a) this routine should really should be in C
>   as it will executed billions of times when
>   used in where clauses (but I am not a "C" programmer)

It's not a hack and it works fine with more than 10.000
datasets. But maybe C would be faster.

>b) I don't really understand the effects/implications
>   of the commutator, negator, restrict, and join parameters
>   (I simply copied them from your example, and the docs
>   were a bit beyond me)

Just read the manual. The above is explained in detail.

>Maybe someone listening with a bit more pg savvy can help us out further.

Maybe  :-)

regards

Johann

Johann Zuschlag