Re: Overwriting Operator for numeric and float8 fails - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Johann Zuschlag
Subject Re: Overwriting Operator for numeric and float8 fails
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 10:23:39 +0200, Johann Zuschlag wrote:
>I get the following error: Unable to identify an operator '=' for types 'numeric' and 'float8'...
<snip>
>create function numeric_eq(numeric,float8)
>returns bool
>as ''
>language 'internal';
>
>create operator = (
>leftarg=numeric,
>rightarg=float8,
>procedure=numeric_eq,
>commutator='=',
>negator='<>',
>restrict=eqsel,
>join=eqjoinsel
>);
>
>The Problem is: It doesn't work and the backend process crashes and get's restarted.
>I tried it with 7.03 and I guess 7.1.3 behaves the same.
>What am I doing wrong? Can somebody give me a hint?

I appreciate your help, but I can't change the queries
of my (commercial) application. So first thing I did, was
doing the changes in the ODBC driver. But still, the
above stated overwriting should work one way or
other. Any ideas how to do it correctly?

Johann

Johann Zuschlag
zuschlag@online.de