Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD
Subject Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL
Date
Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Re: pgwin32_open returning EINVAL  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> > Yeah, I think it would be useful to log one message if after (say) 5
> > seconds we still haven't been able to open the file.
>
> Either that, or on the first run.

Imho 1-5s is better, so that would be after the 10-50th try.

> loop. It's supposed to loop 300 times.

Yes.
> > (Are we OK with the idea of sleeping 1 second each time?)
>
> I think not. 0.1 seconds is better. We don't want to delay a full
second if
> it's just a transient thing.

Yes 0.1 s is imho good. Btw. m$ is talking about milliseconds
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316609)

Andreas