Re: Ending EXPLAIN ANALYZE early (was Re: That EXPLAIN ANALYZE patch still needs work) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zeugswetter Andreas DCP SD
Subject Re: Ending EXPLAIN ANALYZE early (was Re: That EXPLAIN ANALYZE patch still needs work)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> This bothers me a bit, because in
> fact the effects if any of the tested query would have been
> rolled back.  Not sure we have any choice though.  If we
> expose the error then we'll have problems with clients not
> showing the EXPLAIN results.

I think we should leave it in top level, throw the error and fix the
clients.
As I understood, the idea was, that it only does that if you
press ^C or query timeout. In this case current clients would also
not show the plan.

Andreas