Re: [SQL] Can we load all database objects in memory? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ries van Twisk
Subject Re: [SQL] Can we load all database objects in memory?
Date
List pgsql-general
Deepak,

please don't cross-post the same question to 3 different lists.

The short answer is no, you cannot force PostgreSQL to load all
objects into memory.

However when you proper configure PostgreSQL most, if not all of your
data will be cached
by the OS and/or PostgreSQL shared memory system.

Ries

> Hi All,
>
> I have a database of 10GB.
> My Database Server has a RAM of 16GB
>
> Is there a way that I can load all the database objects to memory?
>
> Thanks for your time and taking a look at this question.
>

> Thanks
> Deepak

Attachment