Re: Outer join construction step :strange results - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Oliveiros d'Azevedo Cristina
Subject Re: Outer join construction step :strange results
Date
List pgsql-sql
>> Can you specify a little more how you represent T1 item sets with this
>> data model?
> (T0.id,T0.fk_T1)=(1,234),(1,235),(1,236)
> 234,235,236 all T1 items and 1 the set of them
>> What exactly represents one row from table T0? A pair (id, fk_T1) ? A
>> set with just one element?
> one item in the set.

That's what I thought in the first place, actually.

But then T0.id cannot be a primary key, because IIRC the primary key
integrity constraint doesn't allow repeating of values.
And on the example you 've just posted you have three ID = 1

Ain't I Right?

Also, please, do not forget to CC to list, it's always possible that someone
with more knowledge than me might help you faster

Best,
Oliveiros