identifying local connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Ribe
Subject identifying local connections
Date
List pgsql-general
Assume I have a local process which leaves a transaction open & idle for an extended period of time. Is there any way
toidentify the local process connected to a particular backend?

pg_stat_activity is fine for TCP connections but does not provide useful identifying information for domain socket
connections.

I just upgraded to 9, and will implement set application_name in my various server daemons, but was wondering if
there'sa way to identify this process right now.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com