does this require a stored procedure? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Alex Rice
Subject does this require a stored procedure?
Date
Re: does this require a stored procedure?  (Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg@aon.at>)
List pgsql-sql
Is it possible to rewrite this SQL query so it returns one row having
the columns title and contentType, instead of two rows with the sname
column? I could write a stored procedure to lookup the title or
content-type based on the rec_id, but I would rather do it in a single
query if it's possible.

# SELECT rec_id, url, sname, sval FROM url, urlinfo
WHERE url.rec_id = 1821
AND url.rec_id = urlinfo.url_id
AND sname in('title','Content-Type');

rec_id |      url     |    sname     |        sval
-------+--------------

Consultants, Incorporated Contact Information   1821 | http://.../ | Content-Type | text/html
(2 rows)

mnogosearch=> \d urlinfo    Table "public.urlinfo" Column |  Type   | Modifiers
--------+---------+----------- url_id | integer | not null sname  | text    | not null sval   | text    | not null
Indexes: urlinfo_id btree (url_id)

Thanks,

Alex Rice, Software Developer