Re: Problem starting a session - Mailing list pgsql-general

From news.verizon.net
Subject Re: Problem starting a session
Date
List pgsql-general
Erwin Moller,

I made the configuration settings you mentioned in the thread below, but I'm
still getting the same error message below. It seems that I've now setup the
server to accept TCP/IP connections ans except connections/requests from all
local users on my system, but I'm still getting the same error message.....
I don't understand what's wrong because when I go into the 'services'  on my
redhat linux 8 machine and restart the service postgresql, it restarts the
server acceptionally - without any problems reported.... is their anything
I'm missing that needs to be done to setup a user account and define the
area where their database info and all is.... I've bought this book on
postgre sql, but the book assumes you already have ther server setup to
accept users.

"Erwin Moller" <erwin@_removespam_dexus.nl> wrote in message
> news.verizon.net wrote:
> > [root@localhost root]# psql test
> > psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> >        Is the server running locally and accepting
> >        connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
> >
> > anybody know why I'm getting this error message..... I'm a newbie...
please